is a global consulting and engineering company with over 20 years of experience in aquaculture, fisheries and other aquatic sciences.
About the job
Immediate Vacancy: Senior Accounts Executive
The company is seeking another capable Accounts Executive to join our financial team, working closely with our Accountants, Project Coordinators, and other international team members. The company implements a diverse portfolio of commercial and research collaborative projects on an international scale. These projects range from international R&D collaborations (HORIZON Europe, EMFAF, Multilateral Research Grants, etc.) with leading international institutes to commercial assignments for institutional organisations (European Commission, World Bank, European Development Bank)
Synopsis of position offered
A position has arisen for a suitably qualified person to work on a variety of projects within the Group’s diverse portfolio as a Senior Accounts Executive.
The responsibilities of the successful candidate are outlined as follows:
- Perform day-to-day book-keeping tasks, including recording of invoices and payments;
- Maintain and reconcile the general ledger, and prepare working documentation as necessary to support the entries;
- Account for cash and bank transactions, carry out bank account reconciliations
- Processing of invoices in the accounting system, keeping financial records organised
- Providing account support to other departments
- Assist with end-of-month routines and reporting requirements
- Liaise with internal and external Clients
- Providing accounting support to other departments
- Assistance in coordination of grants from national and EU resources
- Assistance in resolving possible accounting discrepancies if any
The position requires a person who is highly motivated and self-organised, with a sharp eye for detail and accuracy. The selected person must be prepared to work to very tight deadlines in isolated and multi-functional projects and in conjunction with a team of international staff based at our head-office in Malta.
Experience and Qualifications Overview
The successful candidate is likely to have a bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or a related field.
- Proven work experience as an Accounts Executive, ideally with an international company and two to three (2-3) years’ experience in similar role
- Ideally in possession of a degree in Accounting (ACCA or equivalent).
- Experience in using Microsoft Office (especially EXCEL) and Dynamics NAV.
- Good knowledge of IFRS and GAPSME reporting standards.
- Able to work on his / her own initiative and in a team whilst also adhering to deadlines.
- Be a highly organised person, with attention to detail, having the ability to work and perform under pressure.
Excellent oral and written communication skills. The selected candidate will be required to speak and write English fluently, and knowledge of any other languages would be considered an asset, although not essential.
The selected candidate must possess a clean EU / EEA / UK passport with no travel restrictions or legal convictions, be an excellent communicator, be flexible and able to work under pressure. Applicants can expect to have the opportunities to travel at short notice as part of international assignments the company is awarded.
The successful candidate will be offered a long-term, fixed-term contract with the company. The starting package offered for this position will be structured largely upon the chosen candidate, reflecting the experience the candidate brings to the company, but also in line with the cost of living in Malta and could include an accommodation package, if required.
Further information about the AquaBioTech Group and the services we offer can be viewed at www.aquabt.com. Applicants are required to submit a full Curriculum vitae in the AquaBioTech Group Europass format that must be downloaded from our website (click APPLY button). This file must be filled using Adobe Acrobat Reader® or any other PDF viewer (not directly on your browser)– no other Cv formats will be accepted. Questions about the application should be directed to the Admin & HR Director, on firstname.lastname@example.org.