is a global consulting and engineering company with over 20 years of experience in aquaculture, fisheries and other aquatic sciences.
About the job
Immediate Vacancy: Research & Development & Innovation (R&D&I) Project Coordinator
As AquaBioTech Group continues to drive its international expansion based on and supported by its leading research and innovation platform, we are seeking to onboard a highly organised person with good communication and project management skills to work with a rapidly growing team of scientists and engineers. Researching, planning, and coordinating projects, primarily for grant-based research with the European Union and national funding, and internal development projects. The successful candidate will need to possess the ability to work with an international team of staff, liaising successfully with granting agencies and partner research organisations.
Synopsis of position offered
A position within the R&D&I project management teams of AquaBioTech Group has arisen for a suitably qualified person to work as a Project Coordinator of fisheries, aquaculture and marine sciences research projects. The responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Coordinate the work of internal experts and researchers of the company and manage the timely submission of deliverables assigned R&D&I projects. Actively participate in the R&D work, ensuring that all staff complete their assignments and deliverables on time and on budget, managing and documenting projects and reporting on project activities.
- Prepare regular internal reports for the management about the financial status of the assigned projects. Ensure the proper collection of grant contract documents, purchase documents and time recording of granted projects and continuously record and monitor the financial status of assigned projects in cooperation with the financial and purchase unit of the company.
- Support the branding, communication and dissemination activities of the projects in conjunction with the marketing & communications department.
- Participate in international and national project meetings with partners and report to the R&D&I Director about the technical and financial outcomes of the meetings.
- Researching, writing and assisting in writing of grants and tenders for national and international calls for R&D&I projects, including the preparation of Terms of Reference (ToR), Bill of Quantities (BoQs) and project budgets.
- Management of various aspects of the group’s relations with the Research Executive Agency (REA) of the European Union and national grant Management Authorities, ensuring timely and correct reporting, coordinating, and submission of all grant applications and deliverables relating to the AquaBioTech Group.
- Having agreed on the prioritised actions that conform to the company’s own development strategy, the candidate will need to seek out partnerships through various means.
- Raising the profile of the company, locally and internationally, so as to better position ourselves for collaboration in forthcoming research calls.
This position is demanding, requiring a person who is highly scientifically orientated, self-motivated, methodical and organised, capable of helping organise others. The selected person must be prepared to work to very tight deadlines in isolated and multi-functional projects and in conjunction with a team of international staff.
The successful candidate is likely to have knowledge on management and administration of EU and national funded projects, commercial project management experience and advanced use of MS Office or other project management applications. An M.Sc. level of education is preferred, although experienced B.Sc. Hons graduate candidates are also encouraged to apply. Knowledge of aquaculture / marine sciences will be considered an asset, although not essential.
The selected candidate must be fluent in English (spoken and written), be capable of public speaking and presentation. Writing in clear English and being able to proof-read reports and submissions prepared by third parties is also essential. To be successful in this position, good leadership and inter-personal skills are essential. The selected candidate must have a clear passport with no travel restrictions, no legal convictions held at any time and be in possession of a clean driving licence.
The successful candidate will be offered a long-term, fixed-term contract with the company. The starting package offered for this position will be structured largely upon the chosen candidate, reflecting the experience the candidate brings to the company, but also in line with the cost of living in Malta and could include an accommodation package, if required.
Further information about AquaBioTech Group and the services we offer can be viewed at www.aquabt.com. Applicants are required to submit a full Curriculum vitae in AquaBioTech Group Europass format that must be downloaded from our website (click APPLY button). This file must be filled using Adobe Acrobat Reader® or any other PDF viewer (not directly on your browser) – no other CV formats will be accepted.
Questions about the application should be directed to the HR Department, on email@example.com