is a global consulting and engineering company with over 20 years of experience in aquaculture, fisheries and other aquatic sciences.
About the Job
Immediate Vacancy: Draftsperson – AutoCAD 2D/3D
AquaBioTech Group is seeking to employ a Draftsperson with experience with AutoCAD 2D/3D software for the design engineering of Recirculation Aquaculture Systems (RAS) and for other related projects. The position requires personnel with a solid background of knowledge and experience within AutoCAD 3D design, with the additional knowledge and experience within pumps, water treatment industries and any experience within an aquatic environment, which would be an asset, but not essential. The candidate must also be able to speak and write fluently in English.
Synopsis of position offered
We are looking for a self-motivated draftsperson who can work alongside a number of technical specialists and multidisciplinary engineering team at our company. The role requires a solid background in design principles and in 2D/3D AutoCAD design. Knowledge or experience of aquatic and water treatment industries would be an asset, but not essential.
The position requires a variety of responsibilities:
- Following specifications and calculations to create technical 2D drawings and 3D models for complex projects.
- Preparation of rough sketches as well as detailed work with CAD systems.
- Communicating and collaborating with Architects, Mechanical and Electrical Engineers, and other specialists as part of the design process. Incorporating the design efforts of the team and knowledge gained into drawings.
- Developing bill of quantities and assisting the Team with design cost estimates.
- Ensuring that the Company’s drawing management standards are employed in the work and ensuring that such designs are adequately referenced according to procedures, stored and appropriately communicated to third-parties.
- Keep up to date on the industry and engineering standards through research and be flexible to employ the knowledge learned in the assigned work.
- Ensuring that the technical direction of the Head, Architecture, BIM & Drawing Management is followed at all times.
- Execute other duties as may be assigned by the COO (Engineering), CEO and Directors of the Company from time to time.
The selected candidate will have a number of concurrent development assignments to develop and work on in juxtapose, but will also be expected to become involved in the overall marketing and promotion of AquaBioTech Group’s services so as to ensure that a continuous stream of work comes into the company.
Reporting directly to the Head of Architects Unit, the position is demanding requiring a person who is highly motivated and self-organised. The selected person must be prepared to work to tight deadlines in isolated and multi-functional projects and in conjunction with a team of international staff based at our head-office based in Malta, as well as staff who are based at the project sites.
The successful candidate will have a technical degree or higher diploma, specialising in CAD design. The candidate must have direct experience in the use of CAD software packages and familiarity with 3D modelling tools. They will also need to possess proven experience as a draftsperson, having been involved in large projects with tight development deadlines.
The selected candidate will have to speak and write English, have a firm grasp of mathematics, engineering and the presentation of technical information. They will also need to possess strong communication skills, be able to work under pressure and have a positive attitude. Ability to take decisions based on designs, and ability to work well in a team as well as on own initiative
The selected candidate must have a clear passport with no travel restrictions or legal convictions and be in possession of a clean driving licence. Applicants must be prepared to travel at short notice as part of international assignments the company is awarded
The successful candidate will be offered a long-term, fixed-term contract with the company. The starting package offered for this position will be structured largely upon the chosen candidate, reflecting the experience the candidate brings to the company, but also in line with the cost of living in Malta and could include an accommodation package, if required.
Further information about the AquaBioTech Group and the services we offer can be viewed at www.aquabt.com. Applicants are required to submit a full Curriculum vitae in the AquaBioTech Group Europass format that must be downloaded from our website (click APPLY button). This file must be filled using Adobe Acrobat Reader® or any other PDF viewer (not directly on your browser)– no other Cv formats will be accepted. Questions about the application should be directed to the Admin & HR Director, on email@example.com.