is a global consulting and engineering company with over 20 years of experience in aquaculture, fisheries and other aquatic sciences.
About the job
Immediate Vacancy: Aquatic / Zebrafish Technician
Working with a team of biologists and engineers, this challenging and demanding position requires the selected candidate to work in the company’s aquatic research facility based in Malta, the largest private facility of its kind in Europe. The activities carried out at the facility include work on various aquatic nutrition trials and health related experiments undertaken on a range of freshwater and marine species of fish, shrimp and live-feed; the technician would be involved in all aspects of the daily operations as well as being involved in specific research assignments.
Synopsis of position offered
A position within AquaBioTech Group has arisen for a suitably qualified person to work as an Aquaculture / Zebrafish technician on a variety of research projects at our R&D facility known as ABT Innovia. The responsibilities of the selected candidate are defined as follows: –
- The work is focused on the wet-labs facility of AquaBioTech Group (ABT Innovia), with primary duties on maintaining livestock and RAS systems. These tasks involve mostly feeding and health monitoring of the livestock, RAS system maintenance, inspection and housekeeping, monitoring water quality and experimental trials activities and reporting.
- Day to day coordination and execution of all national and international research projects that the AquaBioTech Group and its partners are awarded, ensuring that all the research contracts are managed and executed within the timeframes and budgets provided and all deliverables are met. This includes ensuring that all SOP and required accreditations, such as GLP and GMP, are achieved and maintained.
- Will be required to draft and prepare standard operating procedures, manuals and training guides and any other procedures that may be required.
- Will be involved in the training of other staff and interns.
- Any other duties assigned directly from the RnD Supervisors Team.
The position requires a person who is highly motivated and prepared to work on rotating shifts at the group’s R&D facility known as ABT Innovia with a team of international staff. Reporting directly to the R&D Facilities Manager, the position is demanding, requiring a person who is highly motivated, methodical and organised. The selected person must be prepared to work to very tight deadlines in isolated and multi-functional projects and in conjunction with a team of international staff. AquaBioTech Group has also been awarded, and is continuously seeking to win more, research projects funded by local government and the EU.
- A successful candidate is likely to have a good solid background in aquaculture sciences, preferably with at least a B.Sc. level of education, and with experience in zebrafish reproduction and husbandry, although experienced technician candidates are also encouraged to apply. Experience in laboratory operating procedures and GMP and GLP is also a bonus, but not essential as all training in these procedures will be provided.
- The selected candidate will be required to speak and write English fluently, and knowledge of any other languages would be considered an asset, although not essential.
- The selected candidate must have a clear EU passport with no travel restrictions or legal convictions and be in possession of a clean driving licence.
The starting package offered for this position will be structured largely upon the chosen candidate, reflecting the experience the candidate brings to the company, but also in line with the cost of living in Malta and could include an accommodation package, if required.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org