is a global consulting and engineering company with over 20 years of experience in aquaculture, fisheries and other aquatic sciences.
About the Internship Vacancy
Immediate Internship: ICT Systems Administrator
Duration: 6 months
AquaBioTech Group is seeking a suitably qualified person to work as an ICT System Administrator undertaking a variety of tasks within the Group’s ICT department. The successful candidate will be designing, developing, maintaining, installing, and supporting current and new computer systems, ensuring efficiency and safety of all ICT related processes and equipment.
Synopsis of position offered
The responsibilities of the successful candidate may include, but are not limited to:
- Troubleshoot and resolve all problems encountered with hardware and software
- Supporting the roll-out of new software
- Designing, managing, and maintaining company and project websites
- Designing and coding internal information system web application based on Laravel framework
- Testing and evaluating new technologies
- Perform applications testing on different networks and create test evaluation reports
- Efficiently perform troubleshooting on the special use application and write clear and concise trouble-shooting reports
- Create and present online training and eLearning applications and tools
- Managing and maintaining all the company’s online services
- Monitoring web hosting service uptime
- Monitoring all internal websites and EU projects websites, and ensuring maximum uptime
- Acting as first line of support for all local and remote users including all employees, company directors, interns and students
- Able to work outside of normal hours during peak times or to meet deadlines
The position is very demanding requiring a person who is highly motivated and self-organised. The selected person must be prepared to work to very tight deadlines in isolated and multi-functional projects and in conjunction with a team of international staff based at our head-office based in Malta.
A successful candidate is likely to have a solid background in ICT System with B.Sc. in Computer Science or studies in progress.
Working and designing GUIs, understanding of web development and a content management system, knowledge of IT operating systems, particularly Windows, Exchange, and Active Directory as well as understanding of three-tier web application architecture and an understanding of web application usage in browsers are preferred.
The selected candidate will have to speak and write English fluently.
The selected candidate must have a clear passport with no travel restrictions, no legal convictions held at any time and be in possession of a clean driving licence.
Further information about AquaBioTech Group and the services we offer can be viewed at www.aquabt.com. Applicants are required to submit a full Curriculum vitae in AquaBioTech Group Europass format that must be downloaded from our website – no other CV formats will be accepted. Questions about the application should be directed to the HR Manager, on firstname.lastname@example.org.