is a global consulting and engineering company with over 20 years of experience in aquaculture, fisheries and other aquatic sciences.
Immediate Vacancy: ICT System Administrator
A position within the AquaBioTech Group has arisen for a suitably qualified person to work as an ICT System Administrator undertaking a variety of tasks within the Group’s ICT department and manage the company’s information and communication technology systems. The successful candidate will be designing, developing, maintaining, installing, and supporting current and new computer systems, ensuring efficiency and safety of all ICT related processes and equipment.
Synopsis of position offered
AquaBioTech Group is looking for a candidate who possess improved skills, a proven professional experience and a comprehensive knowledge of the industry’s best practice processes. The responsibilities of the successful candidate may include, but are not limited to:
- Oversight of the company’s information technology and computer systems
- Planning, coordinating, monitoring and assessing of IT and electronic data operations
- Designing, developing, implementing, and managing systems, policies and procedures
- Ensuring security of data, network access and backup systems, according to the relevant legislations
- Ensure efficiency and coordination of cross-department IT functions such as: Corporate Planning, Finance, Human Resources, Audit and Legal
- Identify problematic areas and implement strategic solutions in a timely manner
- Preserve assets, information security and control structures
- Contribute towards the timely preparation and implementation of strategic, operational and budget plans
- Troubleshoot and resolve all problems encountered with hardware and software
- Information governance, data loss prevention, mail flow supervision, data privacy policies administration and threat management
- Designing, managing and maintaining company and project websites
- Designing, managing and maintaining Web applications and other on-line tools for automation of company processes
- Usage of content management systems and/or PHP frameworks for completing large-scale web applications and tools
- Ensuring good search engine ranking by doing Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) checks and implement changes in the code and page content accordingly
- Managing Company PABX
- Managing Facility Access System and Video surveillance system(s)
- Delegate IT issues to the relevant IT service supplier when required
- Able to work outside of normal hours and/or weekends during peak times or to meet deadlines
- Complete special projects upon requested
Reporting directly to the Chief Financial Officer, the position is very demanding requiring a person who is highly motivated and self-organised. The selected person must be prepared to work to very tight deadlines in isolated and multi-functional projects and in conjunction with a team of international staff based at our head-office based in Malta.
A successful candidate is likely to have a solid background in ICT Systems with ideally a B.Sc. in Computer Science or related field and have at least three (3) years’ experience in ICT systems. Hands on knowledge of Windows™ servers and Office 365™ administration is a must.
Experience in scripting or programming (Bash, PowerShell, VBA, Batch), working and designing GUIs, understanding of web development and a content management system, knowledge of IT operating systems, particularly Windows, Exchange, and Active Directory as well as understanding of three-tier web application architecture and understanding of web application usage in browsers are preferred.
The selected candidate must possess a clean EU / EEA / UK passport with no travel restrictions or legal convictions, be an excellent communicator, be flexible and able to work under pressure. Applicants can expect to have the opportunities to travel at short notice as part of international assignments the company is awarded.
The successful candidate will be offered a long-term, fixed-term contract with the company. The starting package offered for this position will be structured largely upon the chosen candidate, reflecting the experience the candidate brings to the company, but also in line with the cost of living in Malta and could include an accommodation package, if required.
Further information about the AquaBioTech Group and the services we offer can be viewed at www.aquabt.com. Applicants are required to submit a full Curriculum vitae in the AquaBioTech Group Europass format that must be downloaded from our website (click APPLY button). This file must be filled using Adobe Acrobat Reader® or any other PDF viewer (not directly on your browser)– no other Cv formats will be accepted. Questions about the application should be directed to the Admin & HR Director, on firstname.lastname@example.org.