is a global consulting and engineering company with over 20 years of experience in aquaculture, fisheries and other aquatic sciences.
About the vacancy
Immediate Vacancy: Head of Installations & Maintenance
AquaBioTech Group is seeking to employ a Head of Installations & Maintenance to manage and conduct general installation and maintenance across the globe, and work at its own facility in Malta and designated project sites.
Synopsis of position offered
The successful candidate will be part of the team responsible for the international general installation and maintenance of the company’s facilities, covering labs, stores and offices as well as assist the different departments with a variety of tasks. The selected candidate will be leading and coordinating this team accordingly. These responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Managing the whole installation and maintenance team daily to ensure that routine tasks are efficiently executed. Also, plan the roster of the maintenance team.
- Maintenance, repair and installation of electrical and plumbing equipment of the Company’s facilities, including equipment maintenance, repair and installation, including water pumps, filtration equipment, water heating and cooling equipment, ventilation, water dosing equipment and monitoring systems.
- Involved in the planning of international project with respect to installation of equipment, training of clients’ staff and commissioning. By doing so, the applicant would need to liaise with the Project Manager and the technical team.
- Directly responsible for project site work and staff on site, as well as ensuring that the installation plans are executed efficiently and according to client’s expectations.
- Contributing to continuous improvement efforts in the installation and maintenance function by reviewing procedures and implementing sustained process improvements.
- Any other tasks as directed by the COO Engineering
Reporting directly to the COO Engineering, the position is demanding, requiring a person who is highly motivated, self-organised, possesses a high level of integrity and discipline with a strong work ethic and able to establish and maintain effective working relationships with the rest of the team.
The selected person must be prepared to work to very tight deadlines in isolated and multi-functional projects and in conjunction with a team of international staff based at our head-office in Malta, as well as staff who are working at our foreign project sites.
The successful candidate must have a solid background in maintenance, installation work or any other similar position. A solid background in the hands-on management of project site work,
maintenance of equipment and installation work is required. The candidate needs to have experience in dealing with designers, engineers, architects, project managers and clients’ representatives.
Having an electric and mechanical background, and a track record of experience of successfully completed projects is a requirement. Experience in aquaculture installations, water treatment or wastewater systems will be considered an asset.
A proven track record of experience of successfully working with industrial electrical wiring installations, mechanical and plumbing equipment systems is a requirement.
The selected candidate will have to speak and write English fluently. Knowledge of any other languages would be considered an asset, although not essential. The selected candidate must have a clear EU/EEA/UK passport OR be a third-country national (TCN) presently residing in the EU with no travel restrictions, no legal convictions held at any time and be in possession of a clean international driving licence. The selected candidate should be ready and willing to go abroad on installation projects for extended period of times.
The successful candidate will be offered a long-term, fixed-term contract with the company. The starting package offered for this position will be structured largely upon the chosen candidate, reflecting the experience the candidate brings to the company, but also in line with the cost of living in Malta and could include an accommodation package, if required.
Further information about the AquaBioTech Group and the services we offer can be viewed at www.aquabt.com. Applicants are required to submit a full Curriculum vitae in the AquaBioTech Group Europass format that must be downloaded from our website (click APPLY button). This file must be filled using Adobe Acrobat Reader® or any other PDF viewer (not directly on your browser)– no other Cv formats will be accepted. Questions about the application should be directed to the HR Department, on email@example.com