is a global consulting and engineering company with over 20 years of experience in aquaculture, fisheries and other aquatic sciences.
About the job
Immediate Vacancy: Installations & Maintenance Technician
AquaBioTech Group is seeking to employ an Installations & Maintenance Technician to conduct general installation and maintenance work at its own facility in Malta.
Synopsis of position offered
The successful candidate will be part of the team responsible for the general installation and maintenance of the company’s facilities, covering labs, stores and offices as well as assist the different departments with a variety of tasks.
These responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Working within the maintenance and installations team, completing daily/routine tasks.
- Maintenance, repair and installation of electrical and plumbing equipment.
- Equipment maintenance, repair and installation, including water pumps, filtration equipment, water heating and cooling equipment, ventilation, water dosing equipment and monitoring systems.
- Maintenance of Quality Assurance documentation, and an ability to plan preventative maintenance tasks.
- Contributing to continuous improvement efforts in the maintenance function by reviewing procedures, analysing data and implementing sustained process improvements.
- Installation work that may be needed in the Company’s projects abroad.
Reporting directly to the Head, Site Installations & Commissioning, the position is demanding, requiring a person who is highly motivated, self-organised, possesses a high level of integrity and discipline with a strong work ethic and able to establish and maintain effective working relationships with the rest of the team.
The selected person must be prepared to work to very tight deadlines in isolated and multi-functional projects and in conjunction with a team of international staff based at our head-office in Malta, as well as staff who are working at our foreign project sites.
- The successful candidate must have a solid background in maintenance, installation work or any other similar position.
- An electrical wiring licence B, and also a track record of experience of successfully working with electrical, mechanical and plumbing equipment is a requirement.
- The selected candidate will have to speak and write English fluently. Knowledge of any other languages would be considered an asset, although not essential. The selected candidate must have a clear passport with no travel restrictions, no legal convictions held at any time and be in possession of a clean driving licence. The selected candidate should be ready and willing to go abroad on installation projects for extended period of times.
The successful candidate will be offered a long-term, fixed-term contract with the company. The starting package offered for this position will be structured largely upon the chosen candidate, reflecting the experience the candidate brings to the company, but also in line with the cost of living in Malta and could include an accommodation package, if required.
Further information about the AquaBioTech Group and the services we offer can be viewed at www.aquabt.com. Applicants are required to submit a full Curriculum vitae in the AquaBioTech Group Europass format that must be downloaded from our website (click APPLY button). This file must be filled using Adobe Acrobat Reader® or any other PDF viewer (not directly on your browser)– no other Cv formats will be accepted. Questions about the application should be directed to the Admin & HR Director, on email@example.com.