is a global consulting and engineering company with over 20 years of experience in aquaculture, fisheries and other aquatic sciences.
About the job
Immediate Vacancy: Accounts Executive
AquaBioTech Group is seeking for an Accounts Executive to join our financial team. Working closely with our Accountants, Project Coordinators and other team members. AquaBioTech Group implements a diverse portfolio of commercial and research collaborative projects. These projects range from international R&D collaborations (HORIZON Europe, EMFAF, Multilateral Research Grants, etc.) with leading international institutes to commercial assignments for institutional organisations (European Commission, World Bank, European Development Bank, etc.)
Synopsis of position offered
A position within AquaBioTech Group has arisen for a suitably qualified person to work as an Accounts Executive on a variety of projects.
The responsibilities of the successful candidate are outlined as follows:
- Processing of invoices in the accounting system
- Handling daily accounting activities
- Keeping financial records organized
- Assisting with month end related tasks (reconciliations, journals booking)
- Providing accounting support to other departments
- Assistance in coordination of grants from national and EU resources
- Assistance in resolving possible accounting discrepancies if any
The position requires a person who is highly motivated and self-organised, with a sharp eye for details and accuracy. The selected person must be prepared to work to very tight deadlines in isolated and multi-functional projects and in conjunction with a team of international staff based at our head-office in Malta.
- The successful candidate is likely to have a Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or a related filed. Final year students can also be considered. The ideal candidate will have proven work experience as an Accounts Executive or similar position, with exceptional management skills and good excel knowledge. A Certified Public Accounting (CPA) is considered an asset, but not essential.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. The selected candidate will be required to speak and write English fluently, and knowledge of any other languages would be considered an asset, although not essential.
- The selected candidate must have a clear passport with no travel restrictions or legal convictions and be in possession of a clean driving licence.
The successful candidate will be offered a long-term, fixed-term contract with the company that could easily be extended. The starting package offered for this position will be structured largely upon the chosen candidate, reflecting the experience the candidate brings to the company, but also in line with the cost of living in Malta and could include an accommodation package, if required.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org